Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 02, 2007

We're safe



Well, I'm sure you all saw the news yesterday...and yes, we're safe.

35W was part of my commute to Minnetonka. I took it twice daily for over two years. Since construction began in May, I've been finding alternate routes, because the afternoon commute was a bear, with all the construction on the bridge over the river. So, thank God I've been taking 394 into downtown and coming home via the Hennepin Avenue bridge.

Anyway, we were at Target when Jaime got a phonecall from her sister Joanna. We were floored by the news, and by the looks of it, most of the other shoppers had just gotten word as well. When we exited Target, a mere 2 or so miles north of the bridge, the air was foggy and we could smell smoke and concrete dust. It was surreal. There were sirens everywhere and hellicopters overhead.

After a few hours, I had found out that all of our close friends in the city were fine, along with relatives.

Pray for the families of the people that still haven't been found.

-Lon & Jaime

1 comment:

Mama Kautz said...

My mom heard from Phyllis all cousins are accounted for :)
Glad you didn't know anybody involved
~Katey