Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Two Days In

Two days into Jaime's 'home alone' time with Alice, and she's doing GREAT!! She's a little tired, and a little tired of feeding Alice, who doesn't like to sleep much during the day, but I'm super impressed with how things have gone so far.

Alice is still on a "get up to eat every two to three hours" schedule, so that's keeping us up at night, but Jaime's been letting me sleep through one of the night feedings, so I'm rested enough for work in the morning. Bad news is, my car has decided to stop working. It's been sitting idle in the driveway for a month or so, and didn't start--or do anything--on Monday morning. So I took the "family car" to work, and jumped the Hyundai when I got home. It stared okay, and I ran it around the block to charge the battery. This morning it did the same thing, so I jumped it before work, and nothing happened. When I turned the key, the engine just made a clicking noise. I'm thinking it's the alternator, but need to get this car in the shop ASAP. It's still under warrenty, so most of the issues it has right now are probably covered.

Jaime and Alice weren't too stranded today, because Auntie Carrie came over for a few hours, and brought Jaime lunch.

Speaking of Carrie, she and some cousins went to a Polish festival last weekend, and she brought us some home-made pierogies on Monday night. So we cooked those up with some Polish sausage and some ribs. It was a MASSIVE dinner, and both Carrie and I were feeling the effects of the food well into the night. (TMI?)





Alice's cord fell off last week, and the scabs that remain are almost gone as well. She's very close to having a real, live, belly-button. She got a bath tonight, and you can see how much she loves it in the following pictures...





So, now we just need to nail-down a routine. I still don't know when I'll find time to work on my freelance stuff...but I'm not too worried about it all right now. Is it bedtime yet?

1 comment:

Jon N. said...

It looks like you've got Snakes on your Grill!!!